Sunday 4 September 2011

A Rainy Day

Ah, the joy of a rainy day.  I tend to be a bit of a homebody so, to me, rained out days are a gift from nature.  They offer me a chance to spend the day indoors to rediscover treasures in my house, clean a neglected space or to curl up on the couch with a good book or watch a great movie.   Rainy days are a reprieve from working and playing and visiting outside because when nice weather calls one just has to answer and embrace it.

I think it’s equally important to answer the call of the rainy day. It has such a bad reputation for ruining weekend plans and dampening people’s spirits.  I should acknowledge that as I sit and write this on a weekend that is calling for only rain, we have no such weekend plans to be spoiled.  Stay tuned for Rainy Days-Part Two –The Wretched Rain.

But it’s not the wretched rain today. Today we will spend the day happy to hear thunder and the pattering of rain on the roof. Today we will have friends over, clean the basement, have more friends over and end the night on the couch watching a movie – the same way we started the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment